Thursday, October 1, 2009

74. St. John Nepomucene (Now the Church of St. John Nepomucene, St. Frances Xavier Cabrini & St. John the Martyr)

NOTE: In 2015 the church of St. John the Martyr closed down and was merged into the churches of St. John Nepomucene and St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (Roosevelt Island) as part of the Archdiocese of New York's great closings & mergers of 2015. Only St. John Nepomucene and St. Frances Xavier Cabrini will remain open for regular Masses and other events. This combined parish of East River Catholic churches is called the Church of St. John Nepomucene, St. Frances Xavier Cabrini & St. John the Martyr.

(mass times & church info last updated 04/08/2016)
Address: 411 E. 66th St. (@ 1st Ave.)
Phone: 212.734.4613
Weekend Mass Times: 
Sat: 5:30pm (English)
Sun: 10:30am (Slovak), 12:30pm, 6pm (both English)
Weekday Mass Times: 
Mon-Sat:12:15pm (English)
Confession:
Mon-Sat: 12pm
Sat: 4:30pm or 5pm ???
Sun: 5:30pm
Church Constructed: 1925
Links:
New, Official Parish Website
Original St. John Nepomucene church website
About the Organ
St. John Nepomucene
St. John Nepomucene (Wikipedia)

WEEKDAY DAILY MASS

A doctor's appointment this morning allowed me the chance to attend daily Mass at St. John Nepomucene located on the east side. It was nice to attend during the week and receive the Eucharist in the morning before the day began, but the weather is cold and grey, and leaves one gloomy, especially one so predisposed to the gloom as I.

The sound system at this church isn't great, kind of echoey, and I really couldn't understand a word of the reading, or the Gospel, or even much of the Homily. I did pray though and am glad I went.

Now, I'm headed to work on the Metro-North, thirty minutes away from my office, enjoying the sights through Harlem and up the Hudson, but not really wanting to be going where I'm going. Want to go somewhere else. Want to be doing something else. It's preying on me, this heavy disinterest in my work, it's breaking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment