Sunday, January 13, 2008

13. St. Ann (Now St. Ann-St. Lucy Church)

NOTE: In 2015 St. Lucy Church closed down and was merged into St. Ann Church as part of the Archdiocese of New York's great closings & mergers of 2015. Only St. Ann's will remain open for regular Masses and other events. This combined parish is called St. Ann-St. Lucy Church.

(mass times & church info last updated 03/30/2016)
Address: 312 E. 110th St.
Phone: 646.461.1236
Weekend Mass Times:
Sat: 6pm (English);
Sun: 9am (English), 10:30am (Spanish), 12pm (English), 1:30pm (Spanish)
Weekday Mass Times:
M-Sat: 9am (Spanish)
Confession: Before or after Masses
Links:
A Report on the Life of St. Ann




THE BAPTISM OF THE LORD

If one thing is for sure after all these posts and these incredible churches and anything I've feebly attempted here, it's that it could be that we are all actually alone here.

Sitting in the back corner, looking into the light of the next room and the screaming weeklies of souls unseen best forgotten, I can't imagine we all belong. There is no belonging; no true longing; everything we truly yearn we truly have.

It's ridiculous not to be one's self; unforgiving feigning something else. And you're lying and dying if you disagree.

I'm a prize in a game.

--great little mexican church--


additional photos...
(8/3/2013)

Obviously I was drunk and in some kind of foul mood the first time I wrote about this church, and therefore selfishly introspective, not offering much about St. Ann parish or the structure. It's such a pretty, beautiful and colorful place. The above images certainly didn't do it justice and neither did my words. Hopefully these new ones give a better idea what it's like, so I offer them below. I visited here for a few moments after I attended a quiet, little morning Mass at Holy Rosary. While at St. Ann, I took a moment to reflect on how different my life is now than the first time I was here. For instance, I now have not only a great, positive and kind girlfriend, but I am lucky to be able to call here my fiancée as well — and next year we hope to be married at another St. Anne's church. After I took the pictures below, I walked to the third and final church of my morning, Holy Agony...
















1 comment:

  1. Please,please help me. I have been trying for quite some to trace my baptizimal certificate. I need 2 copies. One to amend my birth certificate and one to get a passport. I was baptized at St Lucy's on July 29,1951. I was baptized..Patricia Ann DeVita. My sister..JoAnn DeVita was baptized the same day. I understand that St.Lucy's merged with St.Ann's and St Lucy's closed in 2015. If you do not have my records..I pray that you might know where I might find them. Thanking you in advance for any help.

    ReplyDelete